I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moene Rising

I've been working on my next novel.  Struggling with some of the psychic elements of my main character, Moene.  I wonder how much is too much.  6 chapters edited, 28 to go.  Also been working on my short story, Palindrome.  It's finally coming together nicely.

I also worked on my Diamond Log Cabin quilt.  Got the center all sewn together.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it now.  I'm just going to set aside and think on it awhile.  I don't think it suits as a bed quilt, so it'll be a wall hanging most probably.  Very fun to make.  My favorite part is the upper left corner.  I tried taking pics of it, but they just washed out horribly.  You'll have to trust me on how spectacular the cuts of burgandys look mixed with the black trimmed ones.

As I said, I worked on the AAQI quiltlets, too, putting borders around the FMQ blocks.  I still have lots to do with these: more FMQ, paints, and some applique.  But here's what a couple look like right now.

 -Wendy


3 comments:

Marj said...

Your diamond log cabin is coming along nicely. The FMQ blocks are very creative. Hope that your story starts to come together more easily. I have almost finished the first book.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Dang, Wendy! You are just too good at everything you do! I love coming here...eye candy all the way around!

Michele Bilyeu said...

We should talk. I deal with psychic elements every single day of my life :)

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails