I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Breathe Vol. II

I've been working hard on getting edits made to the next Breathe book.  It's been a chore this time, between trying to kick start my own writing again and working overtime.  I think someone else can do it next year.  Anyway, it's just about done now and I'm right proud of it.  Our little group has put together some good writing, beginners and advanced alike.

Still, I found time to sneak away and quilt.  I need that little bit every day or two, just for my sanity.  I managed to finish the Kaleidoscope quilt.  I know!  How long has that been hanging on?  My wrist was finally better enough I was able to hammer on it.  I have a couple small projects to finish/do and then it's on to quilting Mom's.

It's funny, but I loved this quilt when I made it.  Now that it's quilted, I don't much care for it.  I liked it flat and smooth best.  Like the picture on the left here.  Yet, because of all the seams, I needed a strong all over pattern.  It still looks good in the shadows, but when it's in full sun, the secondary pattern of circles kinda disappears.  Sigh.  Put it in the sell pile.  That pile is getting higher and higher.

  Choosing Quilting Designs (Rodale's Successful Quilting Library)  Picked up this book the other day for a couple bucks and change.  It presents other ideas on quilting as well as suggestions on how to make the most of "Quilt as Desired".  You'll start seeing some of these ideas tested in my quilts.  Not the next one though.  Nope.

-Wendy

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Your quilt looks fantastic! I love the picture with your cats!

Michele Bilyeu said...

I LOVE this quilt. If I was rich or famous, or rich and famous, I'd buy it from the buy pile. I only have a great big to do pile. Guess I need to do more than I might need to buy! But I still love your quilt, disappearing secondary pattern or not;_

Ivory Spring said...

Wendy,

That quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

Good luck on your FMQ! :) It's addictive - please be warned. Please do not hesitate to let me know should you have any questions. :)

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails