I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hello. My name is Wendy. I'm a Quiltaholic.

TRULY!

Just about everyone who's been reading my blog knows that my work schedule has been increasing until I have no real time to quilt.  So, to follow in the footsteps of Bonnie K. Hunter and many, many others, I've begun taking triangles to work to sew together.  I'm slow, so I only get maybe nine pairs sewn together during my lunch break.  BUT ... it keeps the quilting withdrawals under control.  At first I caught a few jibes, but now all my coworkers are excited to see what I'm making.  The get upset when they miss a step in the process.  And not bringing in the finished project to show off is NOT an option.

My first project was a postcard for a swap.  The recipient has notified me that she has it, so I can now post the pic here.  That's a maple leaf stitched in the center, btw.

My next at-work project is a slightly bigger version of this.  It's one I'm planning on keeping for myself.

I also spent this morning putting together block sized quilt sandwiches that I can do in the style of "Honey, I just have to run upstairs and stitch something really quick.  I'll only be a few minutes."

Big projects have to wait for the few hours I can steal on the weekends.

I think I'll pass on the mystery quilts for now, though I'm still debating joining Joanne's quilt along.  I have a couple ideas for her blocks and I want to investigate them more this coming weekend.  The question for me is how I will quilt those blocks in the layout I'm thinking when I'm finished.

That's all for now.
Quilt on!

-Wendy

4 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hi Wendy! My name is Michele and I am a Quiltaholic, too. I'm so glad we can be addicted together, not have to wear name tags or drink bad coffee, or meet in clandestine places to discuss our 'problem.'

And isn't it just lovely how some addictions can result in beautiful artsy like yours has? I appreciate knowing you and getting to visit this lovely blog so much.

So, from one Quiltholic to another...'Quilt on!' And continue to find new ways to do it at both work as well as home. Maybe others will learn to appreciate quilting as an art form, too!

Joanne said...

The post card looks great! Fantastic that you can fit some sewing into your day!

Sharon said...

I'm sorry to hear that work is impinging on your quilting time. But also glad to hear that you've found a way to get a little "fix". Yes, it's an addiction. And I'm also a Quiltaholic. I get cranky if I have to go too long without some fabric fondling, at the very least!

I think your little postcard is wonderful! It's so Autumn-y. Love the wonky triangles AND the awesome quilted leaf!

Joan said...

Love the post cards :) ♥ Joannes Quilt Along one is great - but I have been doing other things over the weekend. Look forward to seeing you on the mystery trip...:)

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails