I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Thread Head Drawing Entry

Well, I finished the table runner that I'm entering into Thread Head's Quilt Along Drawing.  The two outer blocks were from her Quilt Along.  I really love those blocks.  Plan on seeing them again.
 IMG_2857
IMG_2856IMG_2858IMG_2861IMG_2862IMG_2863
I’m on vacation right now, so I’ll be playing and catching up and learning how to repair my machine.  Tomorrow, Mom and I are making Hurricane quilts together.  It’s a lot like a Round Robin, but different.  It’s simple:  You’re given an object to sew, like pinwheels or squares.  Then you sew like a hurricane to get those made and added to your quilt in an hour.  At the end of the hour, you’re given another object to make and add to your quilt for an hour.  People tend to use big blocks for small quilts when making these.  They also tend to use up spare parts (extra unused blocks or partial blocks)… which would be the point here.  You can start with a center block or not.  You can medallion or make whatever your little heart desires.  It’s ALL good. Quilting comes later.
Anyone else want to play?
-Wendy

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, Wendy, I can see your FMQ improving more and more! It looks awesome. You sure embody that phrase "practice makes perfect"!

Hurricane sewing sounds like fun! Have a great time.

Helen said...

Wendy - this is gorgeous - like always!!! You are a very talented lady!!!

LindieLee said...

How do I join the Free motion challenge?
Who can I ask about sewing feet?
Darning, open toe and walking foot?

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails