I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Violetness Done!

If you read that title too fast, then you're probably wondering what violent act has happened.  Not to worry.  It's Violet, as in the color.  My Monochromatic Challenge for this month is finished.  With a whole day to spare.  WooHoo!

I'm now officially sick of violet.

Even still, this was a blast to make!  I think it was possibly the funnest quilt I've EVER made.  I highly recommend it.  

That's finish #6 for the 2011.

Now back to Mom's quilt for some border work.

-Wendy

18 comments:

u-woman said...

You may be sick of violet, Wendy, but it is one gorgeous quilt!

Joanne said...

It is so beautiful!! Way to go!!♥

Deb said...

Wow, you take your challenges seriously! That is really awesome.Nice job.

Marg said...

It's stunning, I love it.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Beautiful quilt! My mother used to say that lavender and violet were colors you'd get tired of fastest. I agree. I think that color eye shadow, as much as we might like to use it, makes one look tired.

On quilts, it's great thought!! LOL

Dionne said...

That is a beautiful quilt. your quilting is lovely!
Cheers,
Dionne

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

What an incredible quilt! You win!!

glen

KathyE said...

Now THAT is a very happy quilt!

Melanie said...

WOW! That is stupendous!

Linda said...

Gorgeous! And yeah, happy it is!

Funky's Mama said...

Oh my goodness! That is BEAUTIFUL!

Marti said...

It turned out even better than I imagined. Great job on it!

Katie Z. said...

Quite lovely work.

swooze said...

Lovely!

dq said...

Super Duper Wowser!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is amazing! Did you design it your self?

ButtonMad said...

This is fabulous -very pretty. I like the heart detailing - lovely.

Anonymous said...

So how did you applique it to the background?

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails