I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Too Early



This is 4:30 in the morning.  See, the sun is just starting to send its herald glow.  It won't show it's lazy head until well over an hour later, though.  Now, you may ask, what was I doing up at 4:30 am.  I'll tell you:  I don't know.  But I was WIDE awake.  I wandered about a bit and finally nested in the spare bedroom (it's where I sleep when DH snores too loudly). 

Later in the day, I saw this little fellow in my yard.  I need to get rid of him.  Actually, I'm pretty sure he's a working mom with several young'uns hidden away.  We need to find a way to get rid of them without killing them.  Smoking them out of the hillside worked, but so far has had no effect on the other entrances/exits to the burrows. 

Old Man's WarI pretty much plan on doing nothing for the rest of today.  I did nothing Friday, too.  Well, I did laundry.  Other than that, I sat on the deck enjoying a good book and the recent sunshine (before it goes away).  For all you SF buffs, I was reading this: 
I HIGHLY recommend it.  It's a whole lot more than what it reads on the back cover.  I've started the second book in the series, now too.  So, I may dig into it a bit tonight.  But I'm itching to get back to my quilting and the first thing I want to hit is one of those AAQI quiltlets.  I have ideas....


1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

That is definitely a big critter! I have no idea of how to get rid of it and not harm it, or the little babes at home. Maybe tracking it down to find where the babes are and planning a trap at that location (once the babes come out). Good luck....but I suspect they have cousins nearby too!

We have been using old flares to discourage some local guys in our yard....seems to work, but not a permanent fix.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails