I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Midnight Rose

And here it is quilted.  I really didn't know what to do with those light triangles.  If I'd meshed or stippled them, then the light strip in the middle would have stuck out too much.  So, I left it.  Like Bonnie says, "Finished is better than perfect."  If you think of something I can do insted, please let me know.  I'm so new to this whole quilting thing.  I usually just go for an all-over stitch.


As for my writing, I've decided to drop back to a short story I've been working periodically on, so to get my short SF anthology, Sunlit Night, Coffee and Sweet Dreams, pieces done.  This piece is a near-future story about a teenage girl who must care for a young ADHD brother when their parents abandon them.  She has to figure out how to save him from certain death in a "health camp".  It's called Bright Shining Star

Gotta go clean the house.   EW!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

You could quilt a smaller triangle inside the one that is there.

Sharon said...

Oh, I like that idea. Go from the middle of the 2 short sides to the middle of the long side. That would "finish" it nicely, I think.

Your story sounds good! Hope the writing goes well.

Moosters said...

I love the look of this quilt - both the design and the colors! Beautiful.

Helen said...

This is just stunning! Positively stunning! Love it!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails