I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Friday, August 26, 2011

Is it Love?

This is my new Juki TL 98Q.  Look at that throat!  8.5 inches from needle to column and 6 inches high.  I know it’s not HUGE, but it’s more space than I’ve ever had.  I’ve been putting it through it’s paces, and so far I like what I see.  But I’m always a bit hesitant in relationships.  The other partner has to prove themselves before I can say any words of love.  We’ll see how this goes.

IMG_2985

Did I say that I finished Mom’s quilt?  No?  Well, I did.  Funny thing that.  I was able to finish it in no time once I got this new machine.  And I suddenly remembered how much I like quilting.  I’d gotten to the point I hated sitting down at the dreaded machine to quilt because of the fight I’d have with always rethreading after the thread breaks, or unsnarling it.  Oh, and lets not forget all the issues I had with different threads and the old machine.  So far, not a single problem. 

I’ll show you pics of Mom’s quilt after she sees it.  First rights, you know.

I’m sending some quiltlets to AAQI for auction.  This is the first batch.  You people need to get over there and bid.  I mean really bid.  So what if you can make the quilt yourself.  That’s not the point, is it?

IMG_2984IMG_2968IMG_2969IMG_2971

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  Don’t have too much fun at those Hurricane parties, y’all!

-Wendy

8 comments:

Helen said...

oh wow!!! My quilt is DONE????? OH fantastic!!!! (and are you ready for the next one??? Glitch here - the quilt police showed up and won't let me send my mismatched seams - so I have to get them all straight again! Hopefully tomorrow - although with the Hurricane and all - will be next week before I send!

Mary L. said...

You will love the Juki. I use mine for both piecing and quilting and wouldn't be without it.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh, a lovely new addition to your life. And tell DH no need to be jealous..no matter how much you grow to love this new best friend! Juki's are wonderful machines! As you know, I LOVE your new little art quilts and love your words of advice, too! Happy, happy quilting, Wendy!

Kathleen C said...

Your AAQI quilts are lovely, Wendy, and sure to raise good money.
Congratualitons on getting the Juki with large area for quilting.

Joanne said...

I am sure you will love your new machine. The AAQI quilts are lovely.

Brenda said...

I bought the same machine nearly a year ago and I love it for both piecing and quilting. it only needs a little TLC-- some oil and geting the dust out of the bobbin area occasionally and it works like a charm. I know you'll have fun!

Katie said...

It's love at my house. I'm sure it'll be love for you too! :-)

Joan said...

Lovely quilts Wendy ... and OH - what a great machine - do you have a name for her yet ??

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails