I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Friday, February 10, 2012

Flash from the Past

While I’m working on the Anita’s Arrowhead setting triangles, I really don’t have anything new to post.  Because of my work schedule, it’s been slow going.  So, I thought I’d show you a few of my first quilts.  When I was a child, I was always badgering my mother to let (read “help” here) me make a quilt.  Life was crazy/busy at the time and we never had a chance.  Grown up, I finally made my first little quilt: a wall hanging that I posted here.

This one is probably the second quilt I ever made, and certainly the first bed-sized quilt ever.  After this one I said, “NO MORE!”  It was heavy and a bear to quilt.

IMG_0190

This also began my cats' love affair with quilts.  This one was so fun to make, I decided to make another.  Remembering that I had all these drapery/upholstery samples, I quickly followed with this one that I made in much the same manor as the kitty wall hanging I’d first made.

IMG_1027
I love the way this quilt shimmers when the light hits it!!!  You can see Elwood all excited about it.  However, Jake laid claim to this one.  Can you see it’s a 3-D quilt?  Here’s some close-ups.   Yes, that’s trapunto.
IMG_1024.2IMG_1024.1
And so it began!  It’s been an obsession ever since. 

-Wendy

3 comments:

Joan said...

They are Lovely Wendy

Clare said...

Who wouldn't fall in love with Amish quilts. Glad you decided to stickwith it!

Raewyn said...

Gosh I've missed a few posts. Your quilts are lovely.. love the effect of the Amish one and the 3-D flower.

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails