I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Friday, January 28, 2011

Yellowness Done!


Well, I should probably say, "Goldness Done!"  My yellows melted into golds and dark golds.  Even the applique stitching was ranged through the golds.  But, it's all good.  I had a lot of fun with this, but I was so totally amazed at how much time it took, especially since it's only 8 inches square!  This was for Judy Laquidara's Monochromatic Challenge.  January's color was yellow.

I'm back to the black quilt again now.  Hopefully I'll finish the green vines this weekend.  It depends on the frustration level, you know.

We often buy books or have them donated to us for our online bookstore.  As such, we always have boxes hanging around.  As most cats, ours love our boxes.  Jake hopes in and plays with whatever is in the bottom or even tries to dig his way out through the bottom.  Elwood, however likes to sit quietly and peer over the edge like a lion spying on his prey.  I've tried numerous times to catch a picture of this and I finally succeeded.  Sorry it's so dark, but it's the only shot I have. 
Not to be outdone, brother Jakie then decided to devote his photo session to his extreme cuteness.
 
Two well-loved kitties here.

What's new in your world?
-Wendy

14 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love your golden yellow quiltlet! And I love your golden dragonfly..such magical little creatures!

Joan said...

Great going Wendy - and Oh - kitties are so cute. I try to catch our poodle in her 'downward dog' stance - never have the camera ready when its needed :) I think you did well!

Joanne said...

Your golden quilt turned out beautifully - great FMQ!
Very cute cats.♥

VivJM said...

Just love that golden/yellow quiltlet!

Alycia said...

Very Very nice.

Quilty Conscience said...

Love, love, love this! Beautiful quilting too! I think I may make a "quiltlet" this month for the challenge. I don't have much violet and I over booked myself last month. LOL! I'm trying not to do the same this month! Toni

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You pack a big punch in only 8 inches!

glen

Tizzie said...

Dragonflies are my favorite! Nice job.....

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

WOW -- such a BIG quilt in a little package -- a true Art project. I love the "Quiltlet" term.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Holy Cow! 8 inches square is tiny and this is a great quilt tiny or not. Impressive

Anonymous said...

Your little quiltlet is wonderful. It looks so much bigger on the blog than 8". You should donate that to Ami Simms for her cancer research project. That is a perfect size. Good job. Dar

Linda said...

Whoa! Now those are tiny bitty pieces! What a cute idea for the challenge. Good job!!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

well at only 8inches square you have one really cool hotpad!

Marg said...

Wow only 8 inches, I love dragonflies.

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails