I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ta-Dah!

It's done!  It's done! It's done!  I'm soooo excited.  (Truthfully, Vince and I slept with it on the bed last night, even tho not bound or trimmed yet, it was quilted so it wasn't in any danger)  I LUV this quilt!  And it's all mine.  I'm not sending it to anyone else.  That's Maurice in the background guarding it.  The binding took 12 yards of 2.25" fabric. 

Elwood loves it too.  As I was laying it on my bed just now, he ran to the other end of the house and just as the quilt started to settle onto the bed, he launched out of the other room and bolted underneath it.  Of course, playing ensued and somehow we both ended up rolled up inside our lovely new quilt.  Jake just stared from the night stand as if to say, "Such children!"  LOL.  Love, love, love it!  Thank you, Bonnie, for designing it!

Just to let you know the kind of thing I was battling with while trying to quilt it.  That thread is now history!

Now I'm off to watch hockey with Vince, eat pizza and work on my Lib Amish quilt.

-Wendy

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Congratulations!!!
I am so pleased for you, it looks fantastic!!♥

Candy said...

Way to go! It does look great!

Clare said...

It looks really great Congrats.

The poor sewing machine :-(

Moosters said...

Great quilt! Congrats on finishing it. Love the greens/gold together.

Helen said...

Love that quilt! Just looks gorgeous! And very much like the inner you!

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go! Great finish!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails