I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Monday, June 28, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I'm back.  Wow!  What a retreat!  Simply revitalizing.  I'm all excited about my writing again.  I saw the same excitement appear on everyone else's face, too.  Of course, it took until Saturday sometime for that to happen.  I can tell you exactly the moment it happened for me.  Vince, my DH, gave us a prompt to write a poem using 13 specific words that rhymed.  He supplied the words and we weren't allowed to modify them, but had to use every one of them (onlyonce).  Oh yeah, this all had to be done within 20 lines.  Sounds easy, doesn't it?  It really isn't.  Especially in a time limit.

I had so much fun doing it, I issued a challenge to use 22 words in a poem, same rules, but no length limit on mine.  People had all afternoon to finish that one.  I think that was a turning point for a lot of us, actually.  Just having fun with our writing really brought a lot of us around to where we needed to be in our authorly selves.  I mostly finished my short story (I have final editing to do yet) and began another.

Wonderful.  Just wonderful!

One of our long time members of Breathe Writers' Group will be leaving us in a couple weeks.  Well, leaving physically.  Gonna miss that girl!!!!!  She and her sister will still be members in our online group.  She saw me working on a couple of my AAQI quilts while at the retreat and begged for one.  So, this week I'll finish this one up for her and make another for AAQI to replace it. 

I'll also be working on my big Kaleidoscope quilt and the other AAQI quiltlets.

Before I leave, here's some photos from the retreat for you to enjoy.

-Wendy

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds wonderful! Retreats are great for a burst of creative energy.

Joanne said...

Glad that you had a great time at the retreat!
Great photos too!!

Rana said...

Wendy,
Your photos are so lovely!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails