That mostly done, I couldn't contain myself anymore. I had to try my new Aurifil thread FMQ. I'm in love. It sews smooooooothly. See, here's the front of my sample piece.
And here's the back. Look, NO snarls! None! Nada. Zero. Bupkiss. Zip. Beauty, huh?
Now I need more colors. I'm itching to get started quilting SOMETHING with this thread. Maybe the carmel will look alright with the Kaleidoscope. I'm still so much a beginner I hesitate to use a contrasting color right now.
Anyway, the LibAmish is coming along. I finished the feathers on the wide outer border yesterday. I also put a 1/4" outline inside the white crystals, but that's not in this picture. I only need to outline the letters and do the crosshatching around them. I started the letters, actually. You can see it in the photo here. The "A", "I", "T" and "H" of "Faith" are done already. Compare them with the letters in "Charity" or "Hope". They stand out much more once outlined. Then it's binding time. That's why I really thought I'd get done today. Still, I'm rather glad I had lunch with my friend.