I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Look what I did!

I was just hanging out, waiting for Bonnie's mystery to start tomorrow and got to thinking on these blocks. They were originally intended to be part of a roman stripe quilt (to be shown once quilted), but I didn't like the blues and grays in there with that one.

Saw Bonnie's Strip Twist quilt and decided to give it a go with these. I really like the subtle color twists in this.

Any thoughts on pieced borders for this? I have lots of that blue color, but most of the rest is gone now. Originally I thought of pale green geese, but I'm not sure now. I don't want to lose subtleties of the center piece.

Wendy

2 comments:

Betty C said...

I like it. I don't think the blue should be the border. It will make the blue in the quilt stand out too much and lose that subtle look.
I like your idea of pale green. Put the blue on the back?

esquiltingpassion said...

Hi, My name is Elaine, I am new to blogging. I found you blog on Quilting in Oz. I am amazed at all the creativity out there. I took 2 classes landscape classes with Karen. She lectured at my guild and gave a class on layered waves, unfortunately I was unable to take that class. I really enjoyed her classes and lecture.
E

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails