I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Thursday, November 26, 2009

So, I'll introduce what I'm doing

I figure most of the people who read this right now already know me and are reading just to keep in touch with me. I tend to be somewhat...solitary, um...reclusive? Not unfriendly, not secretive. I like my friends and family, but unless I bump into them somehow, it never occurs to me just to contact them to let them know I'm still alive.

This blog will be an all-encompassing blog. At least for now. I mean, you may catch posts about my quilts or about my writing, or whatever else I happen to be into that day. Just depends what's going on. You'll, hopefully, also catch plenty of photos. Though, I'm the same way with my photography that I am about keeping up with friends: if I bump into it during the course of my day, then I'll snap a photo. Otherwise, I'm really not going out of my way for just a photo. Some photographer, huh?

Whew! Done with the disclaimer. Now on to the fun stuff.

My writing (first priority): I'm waiting for the release of the second book in my SF series, The Dijru Hand, by Monkey Publishing.

This is the cover of the first book in the series.



I think we're having trouble with the art for the second cover. I've started the final edit for the third book already, so it will hopefully follow close behind the second. I'm also working on a SF short story anthology. I hate tons of stories by the same author in one book. After awhile, they seem to get tedious with the same kind of writing over and over. This one will have only 5 or 6 shorts.


Quilts: Very eagerly awaiting the beginning of the Carolina Christmas Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter. There's quite a few of us doing it this time, and the atmosphere in the mystery chat group is one of horses at the starting gate. The minute that first clue goes up (tomorrow!), we'll all be off like a shot. "And it's Wendy bolting out of the gate, but Judy's got the early lead. Wait, Kim's coming on like a steamroller!" LOL, first time I've done one of Bonnie's mysteries with a group! Should be fun. I'll post pics as I go along.


These are my scraps. It's a stashbuster for me.



Um, what else is happening? Oh yeah,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Make sure you listen to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie sometime today. It's a Thanksgiving staple.

Wendy

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails