I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Thursday, October 6, 2011

What I’m working on

I’m waiting for some fabric to come in for a custom quilt I’m making for someone, so while waiting, I started putting together a disappearing 9-patch I’ve been planning for awhile.  You know how you put off making something and the pressure builds and builds and then, all of a sudden, you just HAVE to make it?  It’s one of those.  Here’s a quick pick of a couple blocks sewn together.  I’m working on borders right now.  This is made from all the same RJR Fabric print, just different colors.  I didn’t worry much about colors being next to each other, I like to fool the eye sometimes and make the blocks look overlong.  I can’t wait to finish it and Vince and I are trying to decide whether to make it a summer quilt or a cool weather quilt.  I may just buy some wool for it, too.  Don’t know yet.

IMG_3007

My boss at WalMart saw my little AAQI quiltlets and so had the store donate $100 in materials for future AAQI quiltlets.  How cool is that?  The thing is, most WalMarts donate to worthwhile charities, even if only in a matching grant.  I realize that many people don’t like WalMart fabrics because of the quality.  I’d suggest you take a second look at the new fabrics.  They’re better quality than they used to be.  So, those of you who do charity work, go talk to your local WalMart.  Now’s the season they’re changing their fabrics around and their eager to unload some leftovers. 

I’ve been writing quite a bit lately.  I think I’ve mentioned on this blog that when I “don’t want to write” then something’s wrong with what I’m trying to do.  It’s my subconscious telling me I took a wrong turn somewhere.  That was about a year ago.  I’ve been wallowing around all this time, not writing but not sure what happened.  I think I found it.  We’ll see.  All I can say is I’m excited again.  Yeehaw!

-Wendy

5 comments:

Superior Threads said...

I love that fabric. I hope you post a picture of the whole quilt once you're finished.

Ricci

Joan said...

Wonderful fabric Wendy - could you add me to the Hope to It block BOM - I am cutting out #10 - way behind as usual.

Helen said...

I love it! And - yes - LOVE that fabric - and I agree - it just shimmers with color and unrestrained energy!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Yeehaw! Indeed...love it...all of it!!

joe said...

Hi
can you tell me where you bought this "succulents" print? I need to find several yards in the pink/purple/green color way.

thanks
joe

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails