I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Home


Well, we're back from our trip to Pennsylvania.  Bonnie Hunter was there, in Hershey, but I didn't have time to stop in and see her.  Maybe next year.  The REALIA Conference was in Latrobe at St. Vincent College.  What a gorgeous campus!  I'm working on a slide show to post here, but it may take awhile because I've never done one before.  St. Vincent is a unique blend of Catholic monastary and somewhat secular college.  Because of the monastery (the largest one in the U.S.), the campus is necessarily full of religious reminders and the student body is more religions-minded than other campuses. 

While we were there, the campus was preparing for the Pittsburgh Steelers to come to training camp (yes, right there on the campus), so everywhere there were things like these:


Because of the monastary, there were some very odd things on the campus.  The graveyard was one. 


Sauerkraut Tower was another.  The monks used to actually make sauerkraut here.  I don't think they still do.


There was a grist mill with the most wonderful coffee shop and bread (no pics of that, sorry).  And, of course, there were meditation gardens everywhere.  Here's pics of a couple.


Our conference was in this building: 


After the conference finished, we met with family for a couple days (Hi Mom!).  That's always good.  I didn't even rob Mom's stash, though that's in large part because I wanted her favorites.  Sigh.  What can I say?  We both have very good taste.

Very wonderful trip, but we're very tired and are glad to be home.  Stay tuned over the next few days for more, including some quick purchases at a textile store.

-Wendy

1 comment:

Helen said...

It was so good to see you! And - yes, you KNOW you can have any of my stash - just not my faves! Unfortunately we both have the same tastes! LOL

DID find 2 other large amounts that I think you would also love - blues and purples of course (what else!)

Sewed quite a bit yesterday - nearly done with those neverending (but cute) log cabin blocks! (Will I EVER get done!!!)

Miss you already!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails