I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Finishes

Today I finished the letters for my LibAmish quilt.  You'll be able to read them better once I get the burgandy all the way around them.  I'll work on that tomorrow.  Note the new ironing board cover.  It's actually a new (used) ironing board, much more sturdy than my old one.                       
I also finished the blocks for this.  The placement is still being worked out.  I'll have white sashing so the stars and pinwheels look like they're free-floating, but I'm thinking a couple pieced borders. 
Later!

-Wendy



9 comments:

sophie said...

I love the letters–they really twinkle and will pop off your quilt with the burgundy background.

Marj said...

The letters will really look good with the dark background. The pinwheel quilt is coming along nicely.

Joanne said...

I love the way you have done the pinwheel blocks!

Denise :) said...

I can't wait to see your LibAmish quilt top pieced! The colors are very striking. It'll be beautiful! :)

Diane said...

love both your projects. looking forward to seeing them further along.

Quilter Kathy said...

I was studying your letters trying to figure out how that's going to work! I look forward to seeing the next step!

Melinda said...

Can't wait to see the letters with the background on them. I love letters.

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty! The words are very cool, can't wait to see it finished

Teaquilts said...

I can't see letters yet, so I'm patiently waiting to see end result. Love the contrast to the burgandy.

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails