I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Friday, February 12, 2010

Panel Quilting


This is what our winter looks like for 5-6 months of the year.  Grey on grey on grey.  This top pic is THIS year.  Usually there's 4-8 feet of snow on the ground.  The piles around our house from clearing the drive usually come to as tall as our house.  In the picture below (last year), you can see that the pile was well on the way.  This photo was taken in January, with 3 more months of winter remaining.  Maine broke its record for most snowfall in a winter in 2007-2008: 186.3 inches. 

We usually have an anual snow sculpture/igloo building contest.  I don't know if they had it this year or not, but with the recent weather above freezing, I doubt it.  These are last year's pics again.  Sorry.

Someone asked me to do a tutorial on how I quilt my pieced tops.  There's a great tutorial online already:  http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/547387259nozWsW.  I'm sure there are more tutorials if you take the time to look. 

The only difference between the tutorial above and the way I do it is that I actually DO sew (or fuse with interfacing) my batting together.  The borders can be a little tricky if you're doing anything special like multiple borders or mitred corners. 

Give it a try.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

-Wendy

3 comments:

Joanne said...

The first piture is so wonderful!
We are lucky in Manitoba that we have a lot of sunshine. It makes for colder days though, but at least there is less snow too.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

that's crazy snow!!! Gorgeous photo... it caught my eye!

Cherie Black said...

Carl says you must have some sort of John Deere plow/tractor to get out of all that snow.

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails