I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A-1

Well, as I promised, here's photos of the Liberated Mizz Jane A-1.  I feel that the A-1 block is somewhat disjointed, so for this first attempt I pulled it apart and skewed everything more.  I also hand sewed this, wich is sooooo wrong for this type of block, as you can see.

It isn't really all that bad, but isn't classy.  Jane, liberated or not, is above all classy. 








Next, I decided the true meaning of "Liberated" is to simplify.  So, this is the next attempt and most likely the one I'll stay with.  However, I drew out four more variations, so you'll be seeing those, too.













This is we have the progression of "No!" "Yes!" and "Correct!"



I also finished the A-3 block. 




And now off to (hopefully) finish the binding and shams on Karen's quilt.

-Wendy

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like your liberated DJ. Looks like you used fewer pieces as well.

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails