I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bored Me

I had these blocks....

I'd started to make a quilt, but then the whole thing bored me. No matter which idea I came up with, I wasn't happy. I think it was the choice in colors, honestly. Nothing wrong with them, but I'm so sick of blue. I inherited a ton of blue from a neighbor and I've been using it in everything since. I began with 3.5 drawers of it and am now at .75 drawers of blue. That's the buying point for me, but I just don't want to.

Anyway, I had these blocks....

After fooling around with them for over a year, trying different alternate stars and such, I finally gave up and stuck them altogether in one charity quilt. Oddly, I like it.


1 comment:

Raewyn said...

hehe sounds like you will be happy when those blues are gone! It is a cute quilt; you could do some really spectacular quilting on it so that you love it even more?!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails