I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ivy and New Book

Well, it's a cold and white day outside.  We have a wood fire going in the basement and, for the most part, that keeps us toasty.  I say "us", but it's mostly me.  DH, as a native of this area, can handle life a bit colder than I can.  In a few years, though, I'll be the comfortable one when we move to warmer climates.  He'll be the one fiddling with the AC just to get the right temp.  I'm wondering if there's any place that will agree with both of us.

I made my piece for the Free Motion Challenge.  The pattern requirement, Ivy leaves, is a go-to pattern for me.  I often use it.  So I just did a small bit in the border of this quiltlet.  I'll eventually paint it and add more stitching.  Keep an eye for the progress here on the blog.




























In other news, my short science fiction anthology is out.

$10.00 plus $3.50 shipping

As I said, it's a short book with seven short science fiction stories. Some of these have won international awards.I'm absolutely thrilled with the book.

-Wendy 

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Congratulations on the book - the title is gorgeous! Your fmq quiltlet is cute - I'll be intrigued to see what you do with painting - is that thread painting or paint painting??!

Helen said...

am so excited to see your book out!!! Also love your fmq challenge - looks like fun!!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Congratulations on both and how very exciting! And awards even..you should be bragging to us about them,even more woman! We're proud of you!!!!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails