I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 in Pictures

2009 was a year in transition for me.  Actually, the whole decade was, but for the sake of this blog entry, I'll focus on 2009 only.  It was a strange, but really good year.  I was published three times, twice as my own books and once in an anthology for my writers' group, Breathe.  The first in this picture is a Young Adult suspense story about a girl who escapes from a stalker.  The second is a book of poetry with the theme of the strength of women.  The third is the Breathe anthology, filled with poems and short stories.  I have some of both in there.



Breathe had a writers' retreat in mid-July at a nearby lake.  I forget how long we were there, I think 2 or 3 nights, but it was wonderful.  It was like life energy filling each of us up and spilling out for each of us to share.
I discovered early in 2009 that I had somehow contracted the dreaded quilting bug.  I'm not sure how it happened, since I had a horrible experience with the first quilt I ever made, in 2008.  Anyway, I made a couple more (since I had the fabric anyway) and discovered it wasn't so bad after all.  Then, when my job position was cut at the University, I made an all out foray into quilting.



I also took some amazing photos in 2009.  I tried to keep a "Photo-of-the-Day" project going on Facebook, but that descended to once a week by August or September, and now is only whenever I remember.  I don't really go out and seek photos, I prefer to just stumble on them.  I suppose that's the problem.  I'll have to amend that this coming year.







I hosted my philosophy group, REALIA, at its annual conference in Toronto in August.  It went well, but not as well as I'd hoped.  Next year we'll be in Pennsylvania.



And, I FINALLY got my Canadian Residency.  WooHoo!

I have quite a few project begun for 2010 already, including 3 or 4 books and more than a few quilts.

And that would be the year.

- Wendy


No comments:

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails